Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Finishing up the nursery

You know, I gotta laugh at how different our parenting is between our first child and second child.  With my first, I read all the books, crossed items off my list in a timely fashion, and stood back in awe at 8 months pregnant at my completed nursery.  This time around, I have't seen the inside of any book, let alone a baby book, in 6 months.  I don't even have the time to create a task list anymore.  I feel like I just wander around my house with the intent of doing something, only to get distracted by a pile of dirty laundry that needs to be washed or yet another blow out diaper that needs changing.  Lastly, my daughter is almost 3 months old and I am finally putting the finishing touches in her room.

That's cool.  I'll roll with it.  I think that's the only way I can survive being a mother to a toddler and an infant.  And I feel better that I at least had the excuse of moving when she was only a few weeks old.  And it isn't like she holds it against me that I didn't have the crib displayed with all the bedding that you buy but then realize is not even safe for her for a long long while.  She doesn't care that I just now unpacked all her clothes or that her windows weren't displaying a beautiful curtain the day she came home from the hospital.

So here we are.  She is almost 3 months old now, and my husband worked hard to assemble her crib last night.  The hope is to have her in her room soon so we're almost ready for that.  And what is pretty great is that she is our second daughter.  Our first was blessed with a lot of beautiful clothes and nursery decor that we held onto.  This not only helps my money stay put, but also ensure that I can splurge on something that I perhaps couldn't justify purchasing the first time around.

As said before, my nursery items are a classic Winnie the Pooh theme.  And I feel they work well with the purple and the chevron.

We put the crib against the accent wall and I LOVE it there!  My daughter seems to enjoy the contrasting colors to look at too.  I will probably make something crafty to put on the wall some time down the road too.


These are cute art with Winnie the Pooh on it.  I was rocking my daughter in the glider yesterday, and she enjoyed looking at them.  I will keep in mind to always have something behind my glider from now on!


I am a little unsure on what to put on here still, but right above it on the wall will be a black chandelier wall decal.


When we purchased the home, this room had the Rubbermaid closet system already installed.  It is an awesome idea for a nursery, since their clothes are so little and allows for more storage.


So hopefully we gather the remaining items needed soon.  We still need a hamper and a rug!  

No comments:

Post a Comment